Hannah’s Garden needs you! On April 20th, 2019 from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm we will begin preparing for this year’s harvest. We have several projects to choose from, and we would be grateful for any assistance provided. The opportunities are as follows;
1. Raised Bed Repairs – The raised beds have some wood that needs replacing. If you are handy with a saw and drill, this project is perfect for you. People needed 4
2. Raised Bed Cleaning – The planters need cleaning from weeds and the soil turned over. People required – 10
3. Raised Bed Filling – The planters will need materials added to them, fertilizer, worm castings, peat moss, plant food, soil. Volunteers needed 10
4. Planting- This is the fun part, the planting. We will plant tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow squash, zucchini squash, broccoli, and cabbage. Besides, we will have a variety of herbs, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, basil, tarragon to start. This year we are excited to grow potatoes in a barrel; you do not want to miss this.
Here’s what you will need;
Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
Your tools for planting
Here’s what COMYC will provide;
Wood and screws for repair
All garden box material
Lunch! Yes, lunch is on us. RSVP here so we can prepare for you.
- Date: Saturday, April 20th
- Time: 11 am – 2 pm
- Address: 2263 Mount View Place SE Washington DC, 20020
- Contact: Howie firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Lunch is provided
If you are interested, sign up here
If you are unable to attend, don’t worry you can still be a part of this great work we have good news. Just click on the donate button or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about the benefits of sponsoring a planter.